viernes, 24 de abril de 2009

Dialogue with one of the last farmers in Castelló


In 50's and 60's there were more farmers than now because the agriculture was the popular job in that time.
So, in our times I want to carry out a project of catalan farmers to inform the main difference about now and before, and for this I amb going to interview a good farmer who has lived in Castelló all his life.
- Marina: Hi Manel, I know that you're a good farmer and for this reason I prepared a few questions for you about job. Can I start?
- Manel:Yes of course Marina, I'm so happy to answer your questions.
-Marina: Good, the first question is: How long have you been a farmer boy? and Why have you chosen this option?
- Manel: Well, when I started this job I was 10 years old with my father and I chose this option because in my times there wasn't another option, also my family hadn't a lot of money and I did'nt go to the university or something like this, but I'm so happy with my job.
- Marina: Fabulous, and Do you have any children?
- Manel: Yes, five children, 3 boys and 2 girls.
- Marina: Wow! And...There are some of your sons who are farmers like you?
- Manel: Yes, but only one, the eldest son Pere.
- Marina: Why only one?
- Manel: Because when he was born my family did'nt have a lot of money and we couldn't pay his studios, but few years later we had more money and for this we would pay the studios of my other sons.
- Marina: Oh, I'm so sorry. Well, but your eldest son feels happy like you with his job?
- Manel: Yes, he always says to me that he wants to be like me.
- Marina: Well, I've finished my questions, so I've enjoyed so much with you this time, thank you for your attention.
- Manel: You're welcome Marina.

As a conclusion with my little project, I can say it was more common to find farmers 50 or 60 years ago than now because before the children couldn't try to study or work with their parents because a lot of families in the village were poor.
So, In our times, we have a good life status and we have more options to try for our future.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario